Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Big Batch Cookies

I love cookies. 
 
My family loves cookies. 
 
The chickens love cookies. 
 
But I don't bake cookies for the chickens.  I just know they love them.  Cuz they love any scrap food.  Those silly chickens.
 
Today it's snowy out.  Thankfully last week I took advantage of being outside before the weather turned.  That's South Dakota in the Spring for ya, folks!  One day it's nice and I get all excited and then the next day it's freezing cold and we wake up to snow on the ground. 
 
Well...since it is snowy and cold out I decided to bake cookies.  And Ty, of course, helped me.  He loves to help bake.  And snatch a few chocolate chips if he can!
 
I love this recipe.  Well...I adjusted the recipe today to make it 'healthier'.  You know, 2 cups of sugar instead of 3.  Healthy things like that. 
 
So here's the healthier recipe and in parentheses (I actually had to spell check that word!) I will put the 'real' ingredients.  Just for you folks who aren't brave enough to branch out into this 'healthy' cookie world. 
 
Big Batch Cookies
(Jason's Grandma's Recipe so you know it's going to be GOOD!)
 
2c. shortening (I actually use butter.  That's right.  2 cups.)
1c. brown sugar + 1/8c. honey (2cups brown sugar)
1c. white sugar
2tsp. vanilla extract
2tsp. baking soda
1tsp. salt
5 eggs
1c. butterscotch chips
1c. milk chocolate chips
3c. flour + 2 1/2c. whole wheat flour (5 1/2c. flour)
 
Mix all together.  It's deliciousness waiting to be gobbled up.  Try not to eat the dough. 
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake 10 minutes or until slightly golden. 
Cool a touch before eating so you don't burn your tongue.  Or at least have a glass of cold milk ready so you can cool off your burnt tongue if you can't wait. 
 
Healthy or not, these cookies are awesome!
 
'til Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment